Remodeling a bathroom is a great way to add comfort and luxury to your life while also increasing the value of your home. It’s a huge project that can go all sorts of wrong without the right set of skills, knowledge and experience. At Greystone Homes, we want to save you from costly mistakes. When it comes to big bathroom renovations, you don’t want to do it alone.
Did you know most DIY renovation mistakes occur in the bathroom?
If you’ve been watching lots of HGTV, you might feel ready for a diy bathroom demo day. Before you pick up the sledgehammer, let us tell you about some of the most common and costly DIY bathroom renovation mistakes that we see on the regular:
5 Common and Costly DIY Bathroom Mistakes:
- Ventilation: Not understanding ventilation and the building code could lead to a costly end, from undoing all your work, to extensive future mould remediation.
- Plumbing: Bathrooms contain a lot of plumbing, if you are moving pipes or installing a rain shower it is imperative to have a professional come in and do that work or you could be in some serious hot water.
- Tile: Wanting glamorous white subway tiles, or decorative floor tiles is understandable. Tiles elevate your space giving it a high-end finish and timeless elegance—if you install them correctly. Incorrectly installing tile will lead to falling, cracked, or unlevel tiles at best and severe moisture build up and mould growth at worst. When it comes to tile, do it right and do it once.
- Choosing the wrong materials: Bathrooms are tricky because they have such extreme temperature and humidity fluctuations. We see a lot of bathrooms go bad because the wrong materials were chosen for the space.
- Overlooking the small details: Forgetting to add some caulking on the tub or to put glue on a baseboard seems inconsequential, but it’s often overlooking these small details that lead to problems in the long run.
Bring your dream bathroom to life.
The first step to remodeling any bathroom is deciding what you want, and sometimes even that can be challenging! When you have a good idea of what you’re dreaming of, we can help you set out clear goals and costs for your project. Spend some time daydreaming, browse bathroom renovation blogs, and gather inspiration from Pinterest or Instagram. Do you know if you want a jacuzzi tub or a steam shower? Our experienced designers would be happy to sit down with you and help you map out a plan. We have the expertise to get you from your outdated bathroom to a beautiful new one that suits your style and needs.
For bathroom renovations done right, leave it to the experts.
Prevent expensive renovation mistakes by working with Greystone Homes for your bathroom remodel project! We use trusted materials and expert craftsmanship to ensure the job is done right every time. At Greystone, we’re happy to provide high-quality renovations to the Saskatoon area! Give us a call to get started. We can’t wait to discuss your ideas!